ANST - Why A&S Gets Ignored

Martha Lee Nichols mnichols at tenet.edu
Mon Sep 8 20:23:11 PDT 1997

Several people have commented on feeling uncomfortable judge or commenting
on art forms they are not familiar with.  What if an artisan is the only
practicer of that art form in the kingdom?  Who is going to comment on
his/her work?  Who is going to judge the work?  If no judge takes the time
to hear or read my documentation (and I have lots) how can I defend my art
form?  In 2 minutes time I could give you a brief synopsis and then you
would realize that I have reproduced a period piece and then I could feel
someone has at least acknowleged the time spent researching and painting
and firing my china pieces.
Marthe de Blenkinsop