ANST - New noncombat to

Dennis Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 8 20:06:08 PDT 1997

Hi all. Aquilanne here.

Stefan asks:
> *Eight* categories??? Just how narrowly were these categories drawn?
>Would glass beads and wooden beads be in two seperate categories? Or
>clay pots and clay beads?

For any interested, I'll attach the first fourteen pages of Atenveldt's A&S
rulebook that I scanned and edited. Within is a listing of all the
recognized categories/subcategories.

Stefan writes:
>Along these lines, I think it is preferable to have the names of the
>individuals and their laurel/non-laurel status hidden from those who are
>judging the work to eliminate any laurel/anti-laurel bias. After the
>judging I would want to see the names available so that others interested
>in a particular art would know who to approach for more info or to
>discuss things. And to simply let people know who is doing the good craft
>and art work in the kingdom.

I agree completely. Making information about the entrant available to the
judges during judges will only skew the judging away from honest evaluation
of the work itself. I do think that judges should be required to both
comment on entries they are judging *and* sign their names to their
comments. It's only fair to expect folk to own their own words.

Aquilanne