ANST - Question for Lau

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Thu Sep 11 15:33:02 PDT 1997

Greetings from Stefan li Rous,
<<
 I think we ought to add Childbearing to the list.  Both mine were conceived
 (GRIN) and their first official outings were to events!  I'm pretty sure I
 can find documentation on sex in the Middle Ages

 Ulrica (the funloving, but not necessarily intelligent Norsewoman)

 ---------- >>

The documentation is definitely there.

See these files in Stefan's Florilegium:

aphrodisiacs-msg  (16K)  8/10/97    Medieval aphrodisiacs.
birth-control-msg (36K)  3/ 8/94    Period birth-control.
p-sex-msg         (54K)  3/11/94    Period thoughts on sex and sexual practices.

And they aren't under PERFORMANCE ARTS :-) but rather PERSONAL CARE.

This one in the UNCLASSIFIED section also has some interesting info:
p-customs-msg     (21K) 12/21/93    Unusual period customs.

I believe infants have been entered in SCA Arts and Sciences events
before. And a number of folks have missed Pennsics because of activities
at the previous Pennsic.

Stefan