ANST - Here in Elfsea!?! - Texas Medieval Association

Vicki Marsh zarazina at flash.net
Fri Sep 12 18:38:22 PDT 1997

Greetings!!

Oh, this is such a neat happening.  I got to attend a presentation of two papers, one of which was by David DeVries on "Privacy" in the writings of Chaucer and the laws regarding privacy in his time in England.  Fascinating...Of course, the fact that the gentleman could have been Tom Selleck's brother didn't hurt either.
The other presentation was by a student from Baylor university.  It was interesting to hear Old English within a gentle Southern Accent.

They have books for sale there also - some for 1/2 price.

I plan to return tomorrow, Sat., for the presentations on Art and Music.

I was struck by the fact that I have attended classes at SCA events, such as King's College, that were very much on par with the quality of the presentations there.

And yes, I joined the group, but have yet to find out why the base is in Georgia.

> > SEVENTH ANNUAL CONFERENCE
> > TEXAS MEDIEVAL ASSOCIATION
> > UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS-ARLINGTON
> > SEPTEMBER 11-13, 1997