ANST - Sumptuary laws (lots o' stuff)

Oriana oriana at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 17 22:24:50 PDT 1997

Dennis and/or Dory Grace wrote:

> >Since Corpora says that changes must be proclaimed at events and published
> >in the newsletter (VI.A.1.g.(2)), then the mere omission of a law in a
> >re-publishing of the body of law would not constitute a proclamation of
> >the change nor the publishing of the change, therefore the law would still
> >be in effect.
>
> This would seem to create a quandary for any Sovereign wishing to publish a
> comprehensive body of laws.

*Interkingdom anthropology alert*

Well I guess that just means that I've been away from my 'home' of
Ansteorra too long.  Where I reside now, Kingdom Law is published every
few years and distributed to members getting the newsletter.  After a
new set is published, the Kingdom Seneschal (or a deputy or whoever)
keeps track of changes proclaimed and published in the Kingdom Newsletter
until they decide it's time to publish a new comprehensive set of laws.
Nothing new is added (or left out) that was not previously proclaimed
and published.  Doesn't everybody do it this way?? :)

Lady O
oriana at pacbell.net