ANST - info for necomers

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Thu Sep 25 13:37:10 PDT 1997

--Bill (who will soon hopefully have a better name once he can nail down
some research on 13th c. Provence)

Bill, you asked some very good questions. Hopefully others have answered
your questions in other messages I haven't gotten to.

I do have some files in a set of files I have created over the years
that might be of interest to you as a newcomer. These files are called
Stefan's Florilegium and can be found at:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

The NEWCOMERS section includes these files for instance:
4-newcomers-msg   (23K)  1/ 2/97    Comments directed at SCA newcomers.
courtesy-msg      (32K)  1/19/96    Courtesy guidelines in the SCA and period.
                                       Hand-kissing and bowing.
names-FAQ         (14K)  5/ 8/96    Choosing and registering names in the SCA.
SCA-courtesy-art  (14K)  5/22/96    Courtesy guidelines by Ioseph of Locksley.
SCA-intro-art     (23K) 11/14/95    An Introduction to the SCA.

These files in the PERSONA section might be useful in getting your persona
started:
persona-art       (14K) 11/12/96    An article on persona by Duke Cariadoc.
persona-msg       (68K) 12/ 5/96    Persona development.
personas-msg      (95K)  8/ 8/94    Persona examples.

For some of the questions you asked:
knighthood-msg    (23K)  4/ 1/97    Knighthood in SCA and period.
squires-msg       (23K)  1/11/96    Comments on SCA and period squires.
Gaul-art          (14K) 11/15/96    "Of Things French in the Middle Ages"
                                       by Lady Isabelle de Foix.

I also have sections on ARCHERY, BEVERAGES, FOOD, CLOTHING, CULTURES,
CRAFTS, TEXTILE ARTS, COMBAT, COMBAT-RAPIER, SCA STORIES, HERALDRY,
PERFORMANCE ARTS, SCRIBAL ARTS, TENTS and a number of other subjects.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Ld. Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
markh at risc.sps.mot.com