ANST - Elfsea News??

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Sep 28 13:35:16 PDT 1997

Salut, mes Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Sir Dieterich scribbleth:

>I dearly wished that I could attend Elfsea this weekend... alas, my waggon
>is still not fixed.  I'm convinced the damnable thing was made by frenchmen.

Non, meu frai.  I've seen your vehicle; it was built by the descendents of
Englishmen.  Typical anglais construction.

>Regardless, what earthshattering events took shape this weekend?!  Which
>encampment won the day?  Who won the list?  Who was recognized for their
>great and diverse efforts?  The rest of the kingdom awaits the news of
>Elfseas happenings with great impatience!

Too many awards to recount (okay, too many for my feeble memory).  Master
Galen of Bristol's Pelican ceremony was quite affecting.  We had to leave
last night, not long after court, and so missed Eowyn's morning Laurel
ceremony.  I didn't hear when Fritz's Laurel ceremony will be, only that it
will be.  Mistress Siobhan and Sir Galen Niccoli were made Baroness and
Baron of the Court; I'm going to miss them.

Sir Gunthar won the chivalric list; Don Brendan won the rapier list; Master
Robin won the poetry contest.  My apologies, but I did not hear the name of
the lady who won the archery competition.

I don't know who won the encampment competition, but the encampments all
looked marvelous.  The Norse camp cooked and served up many tasty critters.
 I remember eating duck and venison, salmon, mussels, herring, much cheese,
cooked fruit, and I fear--in excepting their hospitality--I consumed far
more than my fair share.

lo vostre por vos servir

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace
Dennis Grace