ANST - Goof Toobs

Tyrca at aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Thu Sep 4 06:12:35 PDT 1997

  While I have never fought in this kingdom (it's funny how 2 Cæsarean births
cut short a promising career!)  I have some thoughts about Combat archery.  I
feel like it is very difficult to assure that helm modifications, sometimes
viewed as temporary, are well constructed and up to standard.  Wouldn't it be
easier for every one to wear some sort of goggles or eye-shields?  This seems
to be much safer than to trust a removable perforated or expanded metal
screen.  They work for science labs, they work for wood-working shops, and
are recommended for any sort of activity that has potential eye-damage.  Are
there some sort of eye-protection out there that will fit easily under helms?

Just musing,
  Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir