ANST - Laurel Bards

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Fri Sep 5 23:40:30 PDT 1997

Larkin asked which Laurels out there are known primarily for the bardic
arts.  Right off the top of my head, there are:

Master Thomas of Tenby, who if Ansteorra had a Poet Laureate would be it

Master Ragnar Ulfgarsson, who was so good the Allfather decided to take him
to Valholl to entertain the einherjar

Mistress Branwyn O'Bralligan, who can play just damned near any musical
instrument as far as I can tell, but is better known for painting

Mistress Sabia, who mundanely is a harpist with the Houston Symphony

Master Cedric Fidhelere, who fiddles and is a poet

Master Avatar of Catsprey, who likewise plays just about every musical
instrument

Mistress Mari ferch Rathyen, known for bardic equally with her needle arts

Master Cynric of Bedwin, the best drummer in Ansteorra and possibly in the SCA

Master Iolo, who plays lute and makes crossbows

Sir Finn Kelley, who has been a bardic performer for years

Duchess Siglinde Syr and I believe Duke Sigmund as well both are vocalists

I'm certain I'm missing people, not to even mention the many of us who do
some bardic arts, or even a lot of  bardic arts, but that is not what we
are best known for.
Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)