ANST - Ideas for a new style A&S c

joelight joelight at lx.net
Sun Sep 7 18:00:48 PDT 1997

Unfortunately, the event I was referring to happened only two months ago.
However, I am glad that you are trying, as a group, to work on it.  I know
that when we put many differing backgrounds and opinions together that it
is difficult to come to any kind of consensus.  I think it would be helpful
to have a spot on the entry form where you can list people who might be at
the event who have experience working in the same field as your piece.
Then the Laurels/judges could consult and, not only be better judges, but
learn something, too!

Ulrica

----------
> From: STASYAD at aol.com
> To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: ANST - Ideas for a new style A&S c
> Date: Sunday, September 07, 1997 6:31 PM
>

> I would like to replay to the A & S competition complaints.  If you
haven't
> displayed in the last two years you may want to try it again.  The
laurels
> have been working very hard to correct situations where the judging has
not
> been constructive.  Every competition I have been to in the last year and
> half the judges have been required to sign their name to any critique
that
> they write.  We are trying very hard to phase everything in a positive
way.
>  If we find out about judges who leave bloody footprints we go to the
> offending person and have a serious discussion on judging techniques.
The