ANST - Re- ANST-- No Vir

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Tue Sep 9 16:42:26 PDT 1997

The VirusX version that I had on my machine did not find this virus either.
But the latest version, loaded on my machine this morning did. The reason
I updated it was because something started turning documents I edited with
Word into Word templates. The oldest corrupted file was a different one
that Aquilanne sent me yesterday morning.

This is apparently a very new virus. There were apparently a large number
of new MS Word template virus detectors in the latest update to VirusX. It
may be that your virus checkers are not finding this if they aren't the
latest versions.

I hope there is no virus, but you may want to keep it in the back of your
mind. Especially if you use Word 6.x and some of your files suddently
start turning into Word template file types. Perhaps it is only effective
if you use Word 6.0 and above. The good news is that VirusX fixed all my
corrupted files and I didn't loose anything, so you shouldn't if you get
this virus.

Now back to the medieval world and incantations that are understandable.

Stefan li Rous/Mark Harris
markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Hi all. Aquilanne here.

There is no virus in the attachment I sent. I created the file myself, and
we scan our computer regularly with a couple different virus scan programs.
I re-scanned the file after someone voiced a concern, but it's clean.