ANST - New noncombat topic

Terry Good bodach at nwol.net
Tue Sep 9 06:09:44 PDT 1997

and even after all that still didn'e gat a goldamn thistle! (G)
I had that Crane pendant shuned before from someone that said it wasnt
period. It is a replica of a 3rd century crain and I even brought the
oragami book that I got the idea out of. I didn't know what it went on but
the design was down to the feather and because it was a pendant and not a
block print or some other form (and because I was selling them to my
household) they blew right past it.

I did some judgeing at gothis and was quite impressed with a few works
there on display. When it came to judging however, my loathing for the seam
police kept me from saying or doing anything without keeping the artisens
feelings in mind. If the other judges were picking a piece appart I asked
to have that person show up and tell us about there piece. (same as
documentation to me anyway) This helped a newby seamstress get a better
score and also show that we were interested in her FIRST fiencing jacket
(she just started sewing 3 mounths ago).

Well now that I have vented I guess I'll have my first cup of coffee and
try and wake up. Thanks for letting me vent.

Ld Bodach Tearlach
Thistle Carving
Thistle Jewelry
Apprentice to Master Cadwalder the Crazed
General pain in the butt to all who love me