ANST - A&S Judging Suggestions

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 07:17:00 PDT 1997

In a message dated 97-09-09 15:53:44 EDT, Allysyn writes:

>Well, lets see....we have indoor plumbing now, and neat little doohickies to
>change the TV (that's short for television) channel from across the
>room....*huge grin here*

What is a "Television"?  In our castle, if you want anything changed across
the room, you send a page or squire .  Since I'm a squire, my wife always
asks me to do it and I dutifully respond  :>)
 Really though- has documentation requirements been relaxed?  Besides being a
semi-professional student, I do monumental stain glass work.  Usual window
size that I do is usually 4-5 footx 6-8 foot, depending upon what size of
window the house builder needs.  But I love to do itty bitty peices more
because of the challenge.  This neccessitate the foil wrappped method of
construction, in order to incorporate the minuteness of the detail work.
 When in Scotland a few years back I photographed the two small windows at
the chapel in Edinburg Castle, came home and reproduced them in exact same
size as the originals in foil wrapped stained glass, complete with hand made
wooden frames.  With the photos of the original work from the castle, photos
of the construction, and other documentation,explaining the need for foil
wrapped construction my documentation consisted of almost 8 pages- I probably
labored more on the documentation than I did on the original work.  This was
what was required at the time-ei: GOOD DOCUMENTATION.  Entered the windows in
Stargate Yule and got a two word comment- NOT PERIOD.  Thank you Lord or Lady
judge who ever you are- I never entered nor will enter a stained glass piece
again. Although some of the BEST PEOPLE in the kingdom have my work, I guess
it's not good enough for competition.
SO!!!!!!- my question is- what are minimum documentation requirements now and
what should it consist of?? Not that I will be entering A&S compititions
soon- others may whant to know.

 Baron Bors of Lothian