ANST - Question for Laurels and Iris of Merit holders

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Sep 10 11:57:16 PDT 1997

> > Herbalism I think should be one of the following:
> Pug, I must disagree.  Herbalism is a pretty vast field, actually.  It can
> and often does incorporate growing herbs, finding-identifying them in the
> wild, harvesting and drying, the various uses they can be put to
> (medicinal, cosmetic, culinary, theraputic) and the various forms they can
> take (ointments, teas, oils, poultices, etc.)

This is why I had Camping and Homesteading as the first catagory. It
probably fell under Gardening for this setup. I think it should have
it's own subsection under Camping and Homesteading admittedly.

> OK, I missed poetry in the written part -- t
> ho why does it necessarily
> classify as fiction?  Much poetry is history.  I've written a few myself
> chronicling actual events (tho their historic value may be debated.)

Honestly I looked for it under Non-fiction and surpisingly it wasn't
there. I think it should be though.

> Also, where do you stick poetry under Performance?  Readings?  Uh uh.  My
> experience is that "read" poetry is generally inferior to memorized,
> recited and performed poetry, as any who have seen a really good performer
> will attest.

Actually I'd say it's either under Readings or Monologues depending on
the person doing it.

Ciao,