ANST - Question for Laurels and Iris of Merit holders

Lord Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Wed Sep 10 12:20:47 PDT 1997

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997 13:03:41 -0500 (CDT), Heidi Torres <hjt at tenet.edu>
wrote:

>Greetings all!
>
>On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Pug Bainter wrote:
>
>> > I think you need to add "Poetry" (written and performance) to this list,
>> > as well as Herbalism.
>>
>> Herbalism I think should be one of the following:

>Pug, I must disagree.  Herbalism is a pretty vast field, actually.  It can
>and often does incorporate growing herbs, finding-identifying them in the
>wild, harvesting and drying, the various uses they can be put to
>(medicinal, cosmetic, culinary, theraputic) and the various forms they can
>take (ointments, teas, oils, poultices, etc.)
>
>I say it deserves its own category.  Any other herbalists out there agree?

Yep, I would vote to eleminate the Alchemy Catagory (who does chemical
transmutations of lead to gold these days) and insert Herbalism as a
general category.  Any subdivisions?  Anyone?

>OK, I missed poetry in the written part -- t
>ho why does it necessarily
>classify as fiction?  Much poetry is history.  I've written a few myself
>chronicling actual events (tho their historic value may be debated.)

I agree, under Performing Arts insert a subcatagory of Poetry. As well
as inserting Nalbinding under Textile Arts: Woven.

Anybody else have any input?

Oh, I have only recieved four responses so far.  Apathy seems to rein.

Larkin
===

 "It is indeed a small mind that can only think of one way
to spell a word."