ANST - infected attachments

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 10 19:20:19 PDT 1997

Salut, Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

For those of you who downloaded the arts judging attachments Aquilanne sent
recently, my apologies.  I use this computer to read students' files, and
my Virus Scan version was a bit out of date.  I just downloaded a copy of
Virus Scan 3.1.1 and found the macrovirus reported by Stefan, Pug, and
others.  Virus Scan 3.0 didn't find this one, so if your anti-virus
software is over three months old, you may have missed it as well.

Oddly, I'm running Word 7.0, and the virus had no effect on my documents
(other than infecting them)--none of my documents were turned into
templates, nor were any of my templates damaged or disabled.  I suspect
this one was a MAC-specific macrovirus, but who knows?

Again, my apologies.

lo vostre por vos servir,

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace
Dennis Grace