ANST - RE: Indian Clothing, Food, and Culture

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:27:30 PDT 1997

---Angelina Whitford <Angelina at aimetering.com> wrote:
> If your lady or anyone else is interested in
> discussing India is more detail, please contact me.
> I have a master's degree in South Asian
> history and am working on a Ph.D. in this field.

"Please, ma'am, may we have more?"

Being well aware that there are gaps and conflicting
accounts both, can you possibly suggest a useful
summary / review / bibliography for the beginner
interested in this region?

I know that many of the impressions I have are
probably tainted by Victorian English attitudes
and Anglocentrism, or by representations in
fiction written by Europeans & Americans.

I would be particularly greatful for material covering
the last fifty years of the SCA period!

===
Pax ... Kihe / Adieu -- Amra / TTFN -- Mike
Kihe Blackeagle / Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra /
Mike C. Baker       F.O.B. (Friend Of Blackfox)
My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!