ANST - more Byzantine info.

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Thu Sep 18 22:27:42 PDT 1997

Someone asked for Byzantine info earlier. This came across the
SCA-Arts mail list earlier this week.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com
=============================

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:42:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Heidi Johnson <heidij at rocketmail.com>
To: sca-arts at raven.cc.ukans.edu
Subject: ROM Byzantine Web Site!

---Janine Goldman-Pach  wrote:
<snip>
> I was at the Art Gallery of Ontario
> at 6 PM when I found a flyer to a brand new Byzantine gallery at the Royal
> Ontario Museum which had just closed for the evening and I was leaving
> first thing in the morning before the ROM opened.  The gallery is new
> enough that their web site has no pictures from it and I have emailed the
> curator but received no response.

    The web site is up and running!  And the wonderful sample pictures
make me want to beg, borrow, or steal money to get there.  <sigh>
Well, maybe they'll have a catalogue some day.  Anyway, the address is:

  http://www.rom.on.ca/ebuff/byzmain.html

They also have a nice timeline of Emperors with a brief bio for each.
If you're looking for a way to pass the time, make up a list and check
off every time the words "poisoned," "murdered," "blinded," or
"deposed" come up.  Use a large piece of paper.

Kassia of Trebizond, Barony of Nordskogen
mka Heidi Johnson