ANST - Beads

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Sun Sep 21 19:23:04 PDT 1997

Ulrica said:

>Help!  One of my Shire members is desperately looking for good
>documentation on period beads between 400 - 1000 AD  It would particularly
>help if there were something we could download or e-mail me as she has no
>computer.

I'm not sure if you are looking for loose beads on strands or for
beads sewn onto clothing. For the first, look at this file in the
ACCESSORIES section of Stefan's Florilegium:

beads-msg         (36K)  9/ 5/97    Necklaces, beads.

For the second, look at this file in the TEXTILE ARTS section:

beadwork-msg      (35K)  8/28/97    Beadwork on clothing. Bead types, sources.

My files are available at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com