ANST - Order of the Pelican...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Sep 23 10:43:37 PDT 1997

> >  (Is it just me or do I regularly just not understand what the hell is
> >  going on with the Peerages? *shrug*)
> Most Noble and Honorable Lord Pug

Uhh. Please don't promote me. I am still just a Lord.

> and those gracious others with an
> interest in this discussion, I bring you greetings and my own humble
> thoughts.

Thank you.

> I must agree that I find it a little disheartening when I hear of a
> peer about to be made and see less than 3 members of that Peerage in
> attendance. I can only wonder if that peer was made without a
> consensus of their Peerage circle. So often this may not be the case,
> but I do think that many times the populace in attendance will see it
> that way.

It is always the first perception that we get that sticks with us.
Luckily I do not feel that this is the case with Galen nor Claryce, but
it may not be the case with all people. I doubt there was any
intentional wrong doing by anyone involved in this one incident.

> Overall, however, I think that we must accept that Peers are folks
> just like us. They have their own reasons for playing this game. They
> have their own ideas about what they want to learn, what they want to
> teach, even what they are capable of teaching. As such I would ask
> that any Peer who might feel offended by Pug's or my own comments
> please consider that neither he nor I were singling anyone out for
> criticism. He was expressing his concern in what he feels may be a
> trend among some of the individuals in these groups. I have seen that
> trend as well among a few. Please at least consider his words in the
> kind manner I feel he intends them, there seems to be at least some
> basis to them when we look at the generalized grouping.

Thank you very much for these statements. Right now I certainly couldn't
have said it as well, let alone better.

Ciao,