ANST - Houppelande docum

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Tue Sep 30 20:58:04 PDT 1997

Jovian Skleros here. I'm trying to assist some of my shire members
with documentation of clothing from the High Middle Ages (cotehardies,
houppelandes, etc.) Paintings, illuminations, and block prints abound,
so that is not a problem, but where do I find evidence for the
patterns? Or can I? How can I prove that we are doing it acceptably
close to what they did in the 1400s. Oh, we're using patterns from
Period Patterns.

For help on cotehardies you might want to look at this file in the
CLOTHING section of Stefan's Florilegium:
cotehardies-msg   (64K)  9/12/97    Making 13th century cotehardies.

It looks like you already have the patterns you plan to use, but there
are some reviews of various patterns in these files:
clothing-bib      (27K)  4/19/95    Bibliography of Russian, East Europe, Middle
                                      East clothing books. Other books, too.
clothing-books-msg (80K) 8/10/97    Book reviews, bibliographies and pattern
                                      sources.
patterns-msg      (54K) 12/ 5/96    Sources for clothing patterns. Altering
                                       mundane patterns.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous