ANST - Traveling INN

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Apr 1 11:48:37 PST 1998

>  Unfortunately, we play a game
> that emulates the European Middle Ages, so turkey seems a bit
> inappropriate.  I would suggest, as an alternative, smoked chickens.  They
> keep well, and they're easy to part out.

Smoked chicken is a good idea. Actually there are a lot of period foods that
are very tasty that a small tavern can produce without too much effort.

> Cheesecake and chocolate aer, sadly, right out.  Fresh fruit is always
> good, though.

Fruit, tarts, turnovers, custards, candied peel, honey candy, gingerbread,
dried fruit, fruit leather, cakes, cookies, etc... That's just the sweet stuff.

Cheesecake is period. There are various versions throughout history dating to
at least Roman era. Unfortunately the New York style we all know and love isn't
very period but small cheesecakes can be done in a period manner.

> lo vostre por vos servir
> Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace

Yers,

Gunthar