ANST - Traveling INN

Weiszbrod, Barbara A Barbara.Weiszbrod at SW.Boeing.com
Wed Apr 1 12:33:11 PST 1998

	Tracy wrote:

> Maybe her foods aren't exactly "period", but I can remember being
> served roast
> turkey legs at an SCA feast once.

I can remmember being served turkey legs at an event too and I was very
dissapointed.  At a Feast I want to have foods that are period and not
(as Daniel pointed out) glaringly Ren-Fair.

My shire does Black Wolf Tavern at Steppes Warlord and we do not do
period foods there.  It is very difficult to do a tavern well, safely,
and at a profit.  We have made the decission that researching period
foods is just not going to happen.

However we do try to do foods that are not glaringly non-period or that
jar us out of the "feel" of a period fair.

But none of the answers so far have really addressed the lady's
question.  "What would you like to have available to you".

I want to be able to by bottled water at tavern.  I also like the foods
to not require I get my feast gear.  Other than that something other
than meat is also appreciated (can you tell that I wasn't born in
Ansteorra?  No meat?!).

Alys Deriveax
aka Aelfric of Alburn
aka Barbara Weiszbrod