ANST - Newest Principality

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Thu Apr 2 09:11:58 PST 1998

At 03:32 PM 4/1/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Greeting fellow Ansteorrans
>
>Let me be the first to announce the formation of Ansteorra's Coastal
>principality.
>
>Vivat The Principality of the Third Coast!
>
>After Crown Tourney, we of the Ansteorran coast gathered together,
>polled our populous, filled out the forms and beat the Southern Region
>to the principality finish line.  Owing to our need for land we have
>claimed the rights to all Ansteorran land that is within 100 miles of
>the coastal waters of the Gulf of Mexico or 100 miles of the waters
>(rivers) that feed into the Gulf.  For your edification, that means all
>of you except the yucky bits of the far West and North. Not that we
>didn't want these lands, we just needed to leave something for mother
>Ansteorra to hold.  As everything that was previosly the Southern Region
>is in the PotTC (Principality of the Third Coast), there will be no need
>for you to meet later on.
>
>I hope this information reaches you in a TIMELY (nudge nudge wink wink)
>fashion.
>
>Posted this First Day, Fourth Month, A.S. XXXII
>
>Jerry Dreifuerst            SCA: Othar Morganson
>Houston, Texas                   Stargate, Ansteorra
>jerryd at neosoft.com               morganson at hotmail.com

Well now,
As the Kingdom Seneschal I have reviewed your paperwork and I find it
lacking in several areas.
First, I find that your zip code list is way to organized, that will not
due.  Please reshuffle the list and add a randomization factor to it.
Secondly, I hate to point out that you have claimed all of Ansteorra not
just most of Ansteorra.  Yes, the north and west have rivers that run into
the gulf.  Please file an trade and road impact study with the Kingdom
Treasurer to see if you will be affecting Kingdom commerce.
Lastly, you did not sacrifice enough trees in your petition.  Each petition
should come at the cost of a small forest (say 40 to 60 trees).  Please
take back your paperwork and increase the tree content.  Also remember that
all forests in Ansteorra maybe part of the Crowns hunting preserve, so I
would check with the crown before I cut down any more trees.
Non-ansteorran trees cannot be used as that would involve extra-kingdom
influence in the petition and I would have to throw those parts out.
I am pleased that you are working so hard on this and I think with these
few minor corrections you will have a petition worthy of your purpose.

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
Kingdom Seneschal for Ansteorra
mka Burke McCrory
email:  kingsen at ionet.net