ANST - re: hurling ...

Nathan W. Jones njones at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 3 19:23:48 PST 1998

'wolf wrote:

> so what ever happened to the local hurling fad ??? (want to buy some
> more gear ... great alternative to rollar hockey)

Robyn Solarius took his toys and moved to Ohio, and that was the that.  :(

Ah, but this does bring back fond memories.  I just recently cleaned out the
trunk of the car that I used for camping the first five years I was in the SCA.
I found a broken hurley bat that Robyn made, a 'Mark I".  This was before he
started to import the real bats and balls from Ireland.

That first night, we played with his homemade bats and a flat tennis ball,
roving around the back yard of his hourse in South Austin.  Even back then there
were injuries.  Chieftess Mari and I ran full tilt into each other, knocking her
flat on her back..  I was fine, but I'm afraid that Mari bruised her ...er, um,
her "great tracks of land"

Gio,
Northkeep.