ANST - Belts and their meaning..

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Apr 6 08:25:53 PDT 1998

Ritter Dietrich said:
> >I guess I'm trying to figure out if someone is wearing a student's belt
> >should it mean anything to *me* as someone not in the relationship.

> Note that both squirings done this weekend in Tempio, by Duke Kein and Baron
> Lyonel, respectively, though having very different personal style, included
> this element.

I did not make this weekend's event in Tempio. I would be interested in
hearing how these two squirings differed, either from onlookers or from
the Duke Kein and Baron Lyonel themselves. Were these differances simply
ones of ceremony or did the two knights seem to expect different things
from their new squires?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

PS: Squire is a personal relationship. It does not denote a rank, although
some squires seem to think it does. Should a squire be held to a higher
set of standards than a non-squire? I don't think so. However, behavior
well above or below our standards should be made known to a squire's
knight for the behaviour of the squire does reflect upon the knight.

I like the idea of the squire wearing the badge of his (or her) knight on and
off the field. I think wearing the knight's badge on the squire's belt is
an excellant way of doing this. This can act as a reminder to the onlookers
as well as the squire, that their behavior reflects upon more than themselves.