ANST - Belts and their meaning..

Eric Mauer tuhtahl at texas.net
Mon Apr 6 15:33:40 PDT 1998

> Pug writes << So what does the student's belt mean to those not in the
> relationship?
>    What should it mean? >>
>
> It's been said that the squire's belt means that some knight has decided that
> the person wearing it really needs help <grin>

I see the belt as an outward sign of a student-teacher relationship and of
household membership (much like the cords that are the emblem of my other
household affiliation). Like any other relationship, the details will vary widely
with the individuals, Although I do not aspire to Knighthood, I do aspire to
chivalry and to mastery of both the arts of war and the arts of peace. I have
found a teacher whose ability in those arts I respect. I hope he has found a
worthy student.

--
Alaric Styrr
called TuhTahl