ANST - Censorship/Moderation comment...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Apr 7 07:55:36 PDT 1998

Good Morning,

  Please note, that I take censorship and moderation very seriously. I
  do not take it lightly and have never done it based on content since
  the creation of the list. (It has been done for mail gateway spewage.)

  This missive is to ease some people's concerns. I will not moderate
  the list *unless* I see personal attacks occuring from this. Given
  that the intention is as stated and this was to simply inform the
  populace, this should be the end of the issue no matter what.

  Stating of facts or notifying the public of wrongs is great.

  Trying to get people to change by public humiliation when other avenues
  did not work is not appropriate. No matter how HG Kein responds to
  this publically, he can't remove the stain from his name even if the
  incident did not occur as stated. (Which I can not make any claim to
  know.)

  Yes, HG Kein really fucked up. Yes, it was handled very poorly.

  As well, I checked my emotions at the door before every posting and
  insured that I have no personal feelings for or against HG Kein, Their
  Royal Majesties, Megan, Orm or any of those mentioned in this incident.

In Service,