ANST - Wonder

Michael Richardson mike0001 at gte.net
Wed Apr 8 21:40:09 PDT 1998

Before I decided to join the SCA a few months ago, I lurked on the
Rialto. Alot of mean spirit on that newsgroup. After I decided to check
out my local group, I was amazed at the difference between what I had
read and what I experienced. I've seen alot of different things said
back and forth on the kingdom lists lately. Some nice, some not so nice.
Of course, the main reason, it seems, is that people care and that's why
they take strong positions on topics. This having been said, I'd like
to take you back to when you were new to the SCA. I have attended a few
one day events and fighter practices. I went to a fool's revel. I have
even started pounding some armor together and finished my first sword.
In a few weeks, I'm going to my first event at Dragonsfire Tor. The
wonder and fun that I'm having at doing this stuff is almost sinful. :)
Remember when it was new? Remember when you dreamed that maybe, just
maybe, you might be King or Queen one day? :P I guess the point of this
(probably pointless) article is to remind people of the fun stuff. The
joy and wonder of it. Take a step back and feel the wonder of it all.
It's the little stuff that makes life grand.

Respectfully submitted,
Alrik
Canton of Glaslyn, Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
(occasionaly known as Mike Richardson of Denton)