ANST - Belts and their meaning..

Vicki Marsh zarazina at flash.net
Thu Apr 9 19:14:46 PDT 1998

The yellow belt is supposed to be for a protégé of a Pelican.  However, it has not seen much use in Ansteorra until recent times. I think it has something to do with being a stealth protégé.... For some reason, (at least it used to be held forth) if you aspired to become a Knight or a Laurel, it was OK to show that publicly, but it was not OK to show that you want to be a Pelican..  If you *wanted* to be one, then you never would be taken seriously, according to my Pelican.

"That's right, Grasshopper.  Do not grasp the waterfall, but let it fall into your hands", or some such nonsense....

Zara Zina
Old Crone of Elfsea
Protégé to Master Bran de Tintrak
Apprentice to Mistress Sindra Sigmundsdottir