ANST - Merchants (was Belts and their meaning)

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Thu Apr 9 18:07:25 PDT 1998

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998 14:36:41 -0500 knotwork at juno.com writes:
>Mayne,
>
>I have to step in here in defense of merchants.  I have been a
>merchant almost since I joined the SCA about 17 years ago.  Starting
>out, I just threw a blanket on the ground and sold jewelry I had found
>at garage sales.  Now, I have a tent that cost over $1000, and sell
>mostly new merchandise from several sources I have found over the
>years.  While I generally come close to breaking even, I don't make
>much _profit_ to speak of.

SNIP

[sigh]  It looks like I have fallen into the "not enough grins" syndrome.
It seems like you can't make a joke or be tongue in cheek on here without
getting blasted, unless you put a "<g>" or a smiley face after every
sentence.
Let me state :
 #1 this isnt an apology Since I don't feel I have done anything wrong.
;)
#2  Lots of my friends are SCA merchants. :p
#3 I was mainly (Maynely?) lampooning MUNDANE merchants. :-}
#4 I will be at Quest for Clover and hope to see you there. :]
#5 To everyone on this list in general : Grow some skin!  :/

Mayne de la Croix ---Stargate Offender!
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra