ANST - To Become Principalities Or Not

susanford susanford at slackford.norman.ok.us
Sat Apr 11 14:12:11 PDT 1998

Jeremy said:

> The main idea here, as I see it, is to allow for the further development of
> regional identities in a way that is ultimately healthy and benificial.
> Such identities are already solidifying as I write this, as I don't think
> we would be having this discussion unless we understood this on some level.

> Personally, I think this business would be a great deal of work and a
> greater deal of fun.  I remember what it was like, being there as Ansteorra
> was being built.  I would hate to deny that experience to others simply
> because I was afraid of the possibilities.

We have a very strong identity here in the Northern Region.
I guess I've just never identifed with it. I have travelled
all over Ansteorra, and not just played close to home, and
the idea of having Southern friends cut off into another
Kingdom makes my very sad. Some Northerners act as if
Steppes and Elfsea were on the edge of the world, much less
Bjornsborg. I just don't get that.

I will still travel, even if it gets carved up into eight
pieces, but it's a pity we all won't be Ansteorra.

At least it isn't MY household that's being talked about
this time.  :)

Sigrid
---
Susan K. Ford