ANST - To Become Principalities Or Not

Conor mac Cinneide carcassonnais at geocities.com
Sat Apr 11 10:32:28 PDT 1998

Sigrid said:

>I don't like the idea of carving up Ansteorra like a trussed up pig.

Neither do I, but like Daniel said, that is not being proposed.  Just
because several regions are discussing the possibility of becoming a
principality, does not mean that any of them want to carve up
Ansteorra.  I am in the Southern Region, and our discussions have
nothing to do with what happens in the rest of Ansteorra.  We are
looking at whether or not this is right for us.

> > 3. The other is to be something new and be different. (That one
doesn't make
> > sense. To be new and different is not all it's cracked up to be.)

I can't really argue against this one, I just disagree.  I think that
creating something new will be great fun, and it makes sense to me.
 I take great joy in the act of creation, and this is something that
I can help to create, with a large group of good friends.

And then in another post Sigrid said,

I will still travel, even if it gets carved up into eight
pieces, but it's a pity we all won't be Ansteorra.

Why is it that everyone hears the word principality, and immediately
thinks that we won't be Ansteorrans.  Yes, in order to be a kingdom,
you must first be a principality, but that second step is not
required.  In our Southern Regions discussions, I have often reminded
people that even if they want to become a new kingdom, it may not be
possible.

As I have said often.  My backing goes to a plan for a small
principality.  I want the fun of creating a principality, and for the
near future at least I have no desire to split away from Ansteorra.
 I want to help create a principality, but I have no desire (for now)
to break away from Ansteorra.  It is my hope that if I ever have a
desire to break away from Ansteorra, it will only be because my
Principality has finally developed and grown to the point where the
logical step is independence.  I hope that if that day ever comes, it
will come without anger or hurt feelings.  Far too many kingdoms bear
the wounds a messy split, and I would rather have the principality
continue in perpetuity, rather than have another kingdom bear those
wounds.

Now, I am going back to the Southern List and talk about our
principality plans.  Ya' all go do the same, but only if you want to.

Conor

lucetis sicut luminaria in mundo