ANST - To Become Principalities Or Not

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Apr 11 22:44:28 PDT 1998

Genevieve de Courtanvaux wrote:
>I beleive that one should at least expect that a future Principality would
>one day become a new Kingdom. It would be irresponsible to think that they
>would always want to be a part of the host Kingdom.

Why? Many, if not most, folk seem very happy with the idea of remaining a
principality indefinitely. I know I would be quite happy remaining a
Principality of the Kingdom of Ansteorra. In a sense, it's the best of two
worlds: we get to have our own prince and princess and all the pageantry
and new traditions, etc, *and* we are *still* part of a kingdom with a vast
wealth of experience and talent. How could that possibly be irresponsible?

>I am not saying that
>having a Pricipalitity is a bad thing I am saying that we should look at its
>future in realistic term.

Realism: Principality of the Mists has been a Principality since the
invention of dirt. The Principalities of Lochac, Oertha, and Cynagua have
also been around for longer than many (if not most) of the folk on this
here list have been playing. Even Artemisia, who just became a Kingdom last
summer,  was a Principality for *10* years. So was Aethelmarc. The
possibitity of forming a Principality which will remain a Principality for
a very long time, if not indefinitely, is absolutely realistic.

Aquilanne

Dory Grace--The Inkwell
denouncer of Tytyvylus & warrior crone
amazing at mail.utexas.edu