ANST - Re: BG - To Become Principalities Or Not

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Apr 11 23:57:00 PDT 1998

>>From Alina:
> Is that suppose to be an insult or a joke? I take cutting up Ansteorra in
> pieces serious business and not something to joke about.

Allow me to reiterate a point that apparently bears repeating (over and
over again): forming a Principality does not equate to "cutting up
Ansteorra in pieces." A Principality is a *subset* of a Kingdom,
structurally very similar to a Barony. In fact, it works conceptually
somewhat similarly to one of those Ukranian nesting dolls: a canton is a
subset of a Barony, which would be a subset of a Principality (if it rests
within one), which is a subset of a Kingdom, which is a subset of the Known
World. Like a Barony, a Principality has a set of landed coronets who hold
courts, give awards, represent the populace to the Crown, and represent the
Crown to the populace.

Part of---not peices from. This is an additive process at this point,
people, not a subtractive one.  Just in case there's anyone out there who
hasn't heard, __there's no requirement that a principality *ever* become a
kingdom__, nor are the majority of the people wanting a principality in
Southern interested in becoming a kingdom. We're interested in creating *a
principality.*

Like Conor, I too am going back to the Southern List to have fun talking
about our principality plans. Anyone interested in seeing or doing some
productive communication are welcome to do the same. It is, after all, an
open list, I do believe.

Aquilanne

Dory Grace--The Inkwell
denouncer of Tytyvylus & warrior crone