ANST - To Become Principalities Or Not

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Sun Apr 12 15:24:47 PDT 1998

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Genevieve de Courtanvaux / Carol Ross
<courtanvaux at geocities.com> wrote:
> Aquilanne wrote:
> >I'm curious, how many times does this information need to
> >be repeated?  Or are some folks just refusing to enter it
> >into their information files?
>
> I am sorry if I offended you.  I am new [at] this sort of
> thing and I was only expressing my opinion.

Thank you for a gracious apology.

Expressing your opinion is fine, and I hope you send much
mail to the list in the future.  Please understand that that
*particular* opinion has been given several times, and
people who put forward a counter-argument have had to repeat
the counter-argument several times, thus the resultant
frustration.  It was not aimed at you.

> I have never been on a list before and I was not
> aware that there are information files.

I think she was just being geeky -- I think she meant "Or
are some folks just refusing to remember it?".

Now, there ARE mailing lists that have archives of previous
messages.  The SCA Heralds' list, for example, has a
LISTSERV address to which one can send an "INDEX SCAHRLDS"
command for a Table Of Contents, and then "GET SCAHRLDS
LOGxxxx" to get a specific file (one week's concatenated
postings).  I don't think Pug has archives for these lists,
though, and I'm not sure it would be *that* useful unless he
happens to have a spare 8 gigabyte drive lying around.

Daniel "'Or a dog---' 'Or a horse---' 'Or if you happen to
have a spare hippopotamus---' 'Actually, I was thinking of
using an elephant.' [from memory]" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.