ANST - Stargate, Households, and the SCA

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Mon Apr 13 16:04:07 PDT 1998

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:39:26 -0400 Todd Marsh <llywelyn at flash.net>
writes:

>Way back in AS 20, Don Maelgwyn told me "One of the neat things about
>the SCA is that there is always room at the top for those who are
>willing to work hard enough to get there.  Most fighters don't
>practice enough to be their best."  I guess it's still true.
>
>Llywelyn

Iagree wholeheartedly with that observation.  I have been told be more
people than I care to count that I could be a much better fighter if I
would practice more than three or four times a year.  I have seen
fighters that have started long after I did, yet practiced regularly, who
can now pound me somewhat consistantly.  My main (Mayne?) problem is lack
of endurance and flexibility.  This comes from a general lack of exercise
in general.  I have been shown that I KNOW how to fight well, I just
don't do it.....

Mayne de la Croix --- The original MiB
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra