ANST - 12-steps -To Become Principalities Or Not

Vicki Marsh zarazina at flash.net
Mon Apr 13 16:09:46 PDT 1998

Greetings, Lyonel and Ansteorra

Sir Lyonel wrote:

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel (I don't need principalities; I can quit anytime I want--really)
Oliver Grace

Being a former co-dependent and enabler myself, I was wondering if we could start a 12-step program for nobles and peers?

Actually, I have also been part of a Principality, but that was a long time ago and I was far too interested in partying and having fun in Bryn Gwlad.

Last year, I did not support Principalities in Ansteorra.  Now I do.

I am the Baroness of one of the largest and fastest growing Baronies in Ansteorra.  I see the growth potential in the Central Region to be almost unlimited.  I have also seen how the smaller shires are neglected (through no fault of the Crown), but they cannot grow without the attention and nurturing that Principalities could bring.  As much as I would love to help the neighboring groups, I find this to be a physical impossibility on a regular basis.

Right now, we have regional officers who do a lot, and some who do very little.  There is not a lot of accountability, nor recognition for work at a regional level.  We have some people who are not officers, but work on a regional scale.  Sometimes their work is overlooked, or the different groups each think the other one will put that person in for an award.
So -  people fall through the cracks.

We are starting to grow more Cantons and Colleges in the Central Region.  This is a sign of strength and something to be proud of.

Since the time of the First Tournament, the Society grew by leaps and bounds. Then some areas slowed down, due to population, economy, whatever...  Now, we are growing again.

The boundaries, the laws, the heraldry, and the customs of a group exist to serve the people, not the other way around.  While I love Ansteorra and the people,  I know that it is a framework within which we play, love, research, and share our knowledge with others.  I believe that the foundation is the people and our shared beliefs in honor and courtesy.

In Humble Service,

Zara Zina