ANST - ansteorra V1 #1326

Margo Lynn Hablutzel Hablutzel at compuserve.com
Wed Apr 15 05:56:49 PDT 1998

Oh, just a couple of random comments from the recently transplanted:

> So, if we divide Ansteorra up into several principalities and they become
> kingdoms, who gets to be Ansteorra?

Last principality out keeps the name?

> always put my badge on my squires and men-at-arms, usually on their
belts.
> (I've been accused by some of my brother knights of labeling them for
> convenient return--if found, please return this squire to Sir Lyonel.)

>>> I'm a bit behind in my mail-reading due to a stressful school schedule,
>>> but I'm glad I took the time to read this far down the thread!  I
>>> started laughing so hard, I woke up my poor roomate! [the mental immage
>>> of a clueless squire, wearing his red belt, carrying a shield,
wandering
>>> aimlessly around in circles, whimpering like a lost puppy...]

At least one knight I know writes in indelible ink on the back of his
squires' belts, "If found please return to Syr <name removed to save
squires embarrassment>, <location also removed>, Kingdom of <and so forth>"
 His rule is that if he ever gets a belt back due to that legend, the
squire had better be inside it.  The squire may be naked and unconscious
and smelling of perfume, but those he would only have to settle with his
lady (reverse genders as appropriate).  Empty belts are NOT tolerated...and
all his squires are too scared to risk the consequences.

>>   For all those interested, The Three Musketeers (1974) and The Four
>>  Musketeers (1975) is being rereleased on April 28.

Do you mean in the theatres?  Because they are a staple of cable TV.

>I hope you're not talking litterally, "the right to sneeze and to blow
their
>noses only with written permission of the Crown." I would think it would
be
>hard to hold their noses for too long.

>>> Ahhh, but *that's* what entourages are for!!

Yeah, but release of bodily functions is not nearly as satisfying when
someone else does it for you.  (Been asked by royalty and autocrats, who
sighed as they asked plaintively, "while you're there will you do it for me
too?")

Back to lurking,

                                ---= Morgan (who's watched a lot of
                                        her friends turn into royalty
                                        as they grew up)

           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
                          daytime: margolh at nt.com

                I intend to live forever - so far, so good

          Don't look back--the lemmings might be gaining on you!