ANST - Reciting The Law (Long)

Lord Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Thu Apr 16 07:58:15 PDT 1998

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998 00:16:58 -0500 (CDT), Tim McDaniel <tmcd at crl.com>
wrote:

>Oooh!  Oooh!  Can I play?

>The word of the Crown is the law --
>But saying that, there is a flaw:
>    It's trumped by the BoD,
>    And mundane law, by God,
>Tho it stick in the Sovereign's craw.

Heheheh, I think that I would change this one just a tad:
"The word of the Crown is the law --
But saying that, there is a flaw:
    It's trumped by the BoD,
    mundane law, and by God;
Tho it stick in the Sovereign's craw.

>(I.1.b: "The Word of the Crown, written or spoken, is law,
>subject to the Corpora and Bylaws of the Society for
>Creative Anachronism, Inc.".  The latter mention the primacy
>of real law and give authority to make and change rules to
>the Board of Directors of the SCA Inc.)

Yeah, I know, there is no mention of the sovereignty of God in Corpora :(

>Harder than it looks!  Trying to keep the exact meaning in a
>limerick is difficult.  I see why the first try had long
>lines and fewer rhymes.

You did a good job. Care to try the Rules for Submission?

Larkin      I will not purposly offend anyone in a public forum:
===         If this post offends you, please tell me privately.