ANST - Reciting The Law (Long)

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Thu Apr 16 08:23:10 PDT 1998

Tyrca wrote:
> Don't take this wrong, especially for your first effort, but it is a
> little more like the rhythm of rap.  I don't think that was what
> Mistress Gunnora had in mind! (grin)

*blink* Are you unfamiliar with the verse form known as
"limericks", then?  I presume it's post-period, tho I have no
particular evidence.  But I *did* use the standard meter

dah DAH dah dah DAH dah dah DAH
dah DAH dah dah DAH dah dah DAH
    dah DAH dah dah DAH
    dah DAH dah dah DAH
dah DAH dah dah DAH dah dah DAH

excpet that I inserted an extra unstressed syllable at the
beginning of line 5 (and mangled the grammar by not inserting "the").

Daniel "One night from the crypt of Saint Giles" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.