ANST - Hockey/fighting?!?

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Mon Apr 20 23:59:12 PDT 1998

On 20 Apr 98 at 21:01, jhartel wrote:

> Timo wrote:
> >  I still want to try fighting on skates someday. (any takers???????)

reference: Urban Animals .. Houston ... 'early 80's till ??? ...
local skate-clanns who were "infected" by SCAdian combat virus by
certain individuals who shall be nameless .. check out Houston
Chronicle back issues for articles and photo's on the phenomena
.... experiments evolved into semi-SCA combat on "quads" (old style
skates)

... who would have thought that adding some basic armour to the
street skating kit (prior to commercial armour being available)
whould have had such an influence .... (g)

actually, "blading" would be a *excellent* adjunct to standard
SCAdian combat training .. aerobic, strong conditioner lower body and
abdominals, balance trainer, stamina enhancer, develops a street
"samurai" mindset ("dances with cars") ....

have tried "rollar hockey" in the past ... how's about rollar-hurley
(++g) ... use the river as a starting point ... with a north and
south team ... goal, like teh origional game is pentration as far as
possible into opponents territory during a set time period ...
perhaps dusk till dawn

 'wolf

 ... available for "play" once current rehab of damaged shoulder is
complete

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves