ANST - German Heraldry and Other Problems

I. Marc Carlson LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu
Tue Apr 21 07:18:43 PDT 1998

(Forwarded from Rec.Org.Sca)

I need some help here.  Deitmar and I have been continuing our discussion
off list (in a completely civilized fashion, honest), and we've hit a
bit of snag.  I maintain that some people have had trouble passing
historically documentable styles of heraldry (specifically German),
but have no examples readily to hand.  While I am trying to backtrack
some of the people who've said that they've had such problems, I also
asked if I could come here for help as well.

So.  If you've had trouble passing a historically documentable style of
Heraldry, please let me know -- either here, or by private mail.  I
would like to know what it was, when you submitted it and in what
Kingdom.

Please note, I am NOT asking for "trash the College" stories or anything
like that, and would prefer it in fact if people WOULDN'T attack the
heralds about this.  I don't want to make anyone defensive or upset
anyone about this.  I just want examples.

Marc/Diarmaid O'Duinn
lib_imc at centum.utulsa.edu