ANST - SCA equestrian

Lisa A. May xylm1 at ttacs.ttu.edu
Thu Apr 23 09:23:14 PDT 1998

At 04:13 PM 4/22/98 -0500, Ariann wrote:

>I am currently writing a research paper on horses and
>it was suggested that I write over sca equestrian events,
>etc.  Unfortunately, I have never had the privilege of
>seeing such a competition.  Could someone possibly give
>me a few sources that I might use?  (I don't want you
>to do the actual research, I just need some ideas.
>Sources up here are fairly limited.)

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest that you might want to
contact HE Octavia de Verdon.  She has done quite a bit of research on
horses and has given some classes at SCA events.  She can be reached on the
net at DAFPIG at aol.com.  I'm sure she could steer you to sources for your
research.  If you wish to speak with her in person, I believe that she is
planning to attend Octavian this coming weekend.

Margaret

Lisa A. May
Texas Tech School of Law
xylm1 at ttacs.ttu.edu

"And do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily,
then eat and drink as friends."
W. Shakespeare