ANST - Positive to counter the negative

Gregory R. Gagnon cian at ghg.net
Sat Apr 25 12:31:21 PDT 1998

|Yeah, right.  Next I suppose you're going to tell me that bar grills
|are period.

|- Galen
Now that you mention it, I have a neat picture of two mounted combatants in full
plate with Barred visors on their helms.  The picture is from Hans Burgkmair's
"Turnier-Buch" and places the date of the pictured combat in "Anno 1482, 18 Tag
des Augsts" and the place as (sic) Haidelburg.  They are fighting with wooden
clubs attached by a chain to their breast plates.  I have seen similar pictures
elsewhere but this was both near at hand, and an original source.

Cian