ANST - Pennsic XXVII

Logan & Arielle sirlogan at mail.clt.bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 27 12:15:26 PDT 1998

Unto the Chivalry of the Known World, greetings from Duke Sir Logan
Ebonwoulfe, Kingdom of Atlantia.

It is with great pleasure that I announce the plans for what will be a
grandiose event to occur at Pennsic XXVII.  I am coordinating a
tournament to be called “The Pennsic Squire Championship Tourney”.  I
invite all of you to enter up to two of your squires in this double
elimination tournament.  The purpose of this is to showcase our best
students, in martial competition, chivalry, and honor.  It is also my
desire to see some friendly rivalries develop between the future leaders
of the Known World.  As all of you are aware, we have created many
friendships, through combat, that have spanned across our kingdom’s
boundaries.  I would like to see these existing, and future, bridges get
strengthened. As of yet we do not have a firm date for the tourney, but
I will forward that date as soon as it becomes available.  There will
also be a flyer at troll available for you.
The tourney will be run in a standard “Atlantian Speed Tourney” format
until we reach the semi-finals.  The finals will be run as a best three
out of five elimination, all loses prior to the finals will be erased.
No weapons form may be repeated more than once in the finals.  Weapons
choice will be alternately determined by each competitor prior to the
bout.  A framed, hand painted, scroll will be presented to the winner of
the tourney, at their respective Kingdom’s Court, at Pennsic.  The
scroll will have the signatures/marks of all the Knights/Masters
present.  It will be complete, with the exception of a blank shield (for
the winner’s arms) and a blank belt tip (for their Knight’s arms).   In
addition, there is a five-dollar (US funds) entry fee for each squire.
Those monies will go toward the purchase of a tourney prize for the
winning fighter (or, if they choose, their consort).  A portion of the
fee will also go to a fund (i.e. Kingdom, Barony, Pennsic E.M.T.,
Kingdom newsletter, charity, etc.) of the winners choice, donated in
his/her name.  I encourage you to make plans to witness this grand
event.
I will be holding a meeting/party (bring yer mug!) at my camp (NE23 Clan
Ebonwoulfe) to field questions and give our students an opportunity to
meet each other.  That date/time for the party
oops, meeting will also
be on the flyer.

If you have any questions that you would like answers to now, please
feel free to e-mail me directly at: sirlogan at bellsouth.net  please put
SQUIRE as your subject header so that I may respond more quickly.  You
can also call me at (704) 399-1200.  For those of the Chivalry that are
not on these mailing lists, please forward this information to them.

Until next our paths may cross, may your aim be true, your cut deep, and
your life long.  I bid you the strength, courage and wisdom of the Wolf,
the most noble of beasts, as I remain in service,

Duke Sir Logan Ebonwoulfe