ANST - kingdom conflict?

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Apr 29 14:59:52 PDT 1998

Perronnelle wrote:
> You can send a name and device registration through
> any group in any kingdom.

That happens not to be the case.  (Aside from the fact that some
kingdoms require or permit submissions to be made directly
to the kingdom internal submissions herald.  Ansteorra, however,
requires going thru a local group.)  SCA College of Arms
Admin Handbook (excuse the HTML, please):

B.  <A NAME="Kingdom_of_Residence">Kingdom of Residence</A>
     - Submissions normally must be made through the
     appropriate heraldic officers as defined by the kingdom
     of which the submitter is a subject according to
     Corpora and Board policy.  A submission already in
     process above the local level when a submitter leaves a
     kingdom may continue to be processed by the kingdom of
     origin until it is returned.  In this case any
     resubmissions must be made through the new
     kingdom.

Now, I would not expect a kingdom to get snooty about this,
but I would clear it with Calontir's principal herald or
submissions deputy first.  The easier way is to do
consultation with the Ansteorran herald but use Calontir
forms and submit via their college.

Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.