ANST - Dry sites will kill the SCA

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Thu Apr 30 20:37:55 PDT 1998

Donald Riney (Darius of the Bells) wrote:

> The whole thing breaks down to a simple statement:
> Just don't drink at a dry site.

Necessary restatement: "Don't drink ALCOHOL at a dry site."

Not drinking copious amounts of fluids, preferably including goodly
amounts of water, is a sure invitation to disaster in the Ansteorran
summer heat -- and even sooner, or when otherwise cooler
atmospherically.  It is easily as possible to become dehydrated in
January or February as it is in July -- and sometimes moreso,
because Texans don't always think of cold as being *dry*.

Ths public service announcement presented on behalf of all chirurgeons,
water bearers, heralds, fighters, and the rest of our SCA "gang".

(Hey, I've functioned in every one of those capacities and more --
I don't like seeing friends and "family" go pasty white or flaming
red w/o benefit of sunburn...)

In service also, to the dreamers and their Dreams,
Amra
--
For "official" purposes: Mike C. Baker
For "fun": Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra (SCA)
e-mail: kihe at rocketmail.com, kihe at ticnet.com