ANST - Traveling INN

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Apr 1 07:44:10 PST 1998

> Rosi's is getting  ready to put together a traveling Inn  and would like
> to know what you the populous would like to see...food wise..drink
> wise..??
>
> Right now I am planning to stay as close to period items as possible.
>
> example..turkey legs, meat pies, coffee, cheesecake
>
> Please respond to me at rosina at swbell.net so I don't miss any responses.
>
> Rosina

Good morning Rosina.

I am posting this to the Ansteorra list as well as sending it to you personally.
A travelling inn is a wonderful idea and often very needed at events (think
about the Black Wolf Tavern at Steppes Warlord) but it is a LOT of work.

Asking for ideas of what people want and what food to prepare is very thoughtful
and can halt problems before they happen.

Now on to my quibble. The foods you mentioned are not period. Maybe the meat
pies, depending on the recipe. I have no objections to the foods you mentioned
except that you asked to make them period.

There are several people subscribed to this list who will be happy to assist
you in getting recipes and ideas for tasty period cooking that can be prepared
at an event. Mistress Maeve, Baroness Clarissa, Ld. Bear are just a few.
You can even subscribe to sca-cooks at ansteorra.org to get in contact with some
fantastic period cooks from all over the world.

Please let one of us know if you would like some help and we will be more than
happy to offer our assistance.

Yers,

Gunthar