ANST - The Bird

Dennis Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 1 12:52:07 PST 1998

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Sir Gunthar addresses my claim:

>> Personally, as a civilized gentleman of siecle quatorze Languedoc, I am
>> appalled that no one has yet suggested either peacock or swan.

with:

>Peacock is terrible meat unless prepared just right. Even period sources
>have suggested to cook a goose and cover it with the peacock's skin to make
>a more palatable dish. Swan isn't much better.

Non, non, non, meu frai.  Swan is very much like goose only fatter and a
bit more delicate.  Peacock is a rather gamey bird, but I happen to like
heavily-spiced gamey birds (just a bit high, as well.)  And *of course* it
must be properly prepared--mustn't everything we eat? ;^)

What *do* they feed you up there in the frozen north, meu frai?  Next
you'll be exhorting us to shun quail and squab.  Ah well, de gustibus non
disputandum est.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace

Dennis Grace